Rabu, 24 September 2014

WHY DO I WANT TO BE A MASTER IN LEGAL TRANSLATION?

The need of translator in my office is something that unavoidable since my office handles all the things about legal matters in Directorate General of Civil Aviation. My recent job is between as a translator and a legal drafter. I know people will laugh if knowing that one of the legal drafters in Legal and Public Relation Division is not Bachelor of Law, but Bachelor of Arts.

Sometimes, in the middle of doing my job as a translator, I meet a confusion due to many words that rarely appears now coming up. As example, when I translate an international convention or regulations, I found some words that are hard and difficult to translate. In addition, there is no Legal English Indonesia Dictionary in my office, and the material that I have to translate is between legal terms and aviation terms. And as far as I know, there is no published dictionary that focusing on those matters.

I dream I can study Master in Translation or Applied Linguistic focusing Translation in overseas university or college. And not so long after I come back to Indonesia, I am going to make Legal Aviation English Indonesia Dictionary. I believe my dictionary would be helpful for translators who work on legal and aviation terms.

1 komentar:

Jangan lupa komentarnya ya....:))

Masa Pertumbuhan Kita

Kalian pasti pernah menerima ucapan dari teman atau saudara kalian dengan bunyi kira-kira seperti ini " Makan yang banyak ya. Kan lagi ...